- Equips doctors to undertake the role of DoLS assessors
- Covers all aspects of UK Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) legislation
- Includes case studies and valuable insights from service users and carers
£55.00 Excludes VAT where applicable.
Multiple or multi-year licences are available. Please contact us for details.Contact Us
Any questions? FAQ's
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
This elearning programme equips medical practitioners with the knowledge to work as mental health assessors in relation to Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) legislation. This UK legislation is designed to protect people who lack the mental capacity to make decisions for themselves and is equally relevant internationally.
DoLS assessor training
This elearning programme includes:
- a pre-test on the Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
- five knowledge sessions (each taking 20 to 30 minutes)
- a final test of understanding
The content has been written and extensively peer-reviewed by subject-matter experts from the field of psychiatry.
Online access 24/7
This DoLS training programme is available online so you can study anywhere, at any time and fit the elearning around your busy work schedule. It has been developed in the UK by the Royal College of Psychiatrists, the Department of Health and Health Education England elearning for healthcare. So, the training meets the highest professional standards.
Please note that you do need to fulfil two important criteria before you complete this online programme.
- be approved under section 12 of the Mental Health Act 1983; or
- be a registered medical practitioner who has at least three years’ post-registration experience in the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders*
* to the satisfaction of the relevant supervisory body.