Paramedics elearning reminder, August 2021
As part of the Paramedics elearning programme, 10 sessions are available to support paramedics in dealing with a range of injuries, with the Urgent Care for Paramedics - Injuries module.
The elearning sessions which take approximately 20 minutes to complete, include, but are not limited to:
- Ankle Injuries: aims to provide the underlying theory and assessment techniques to carry out these assessments effectively
- Knee Injuries: aims to give the pre-hospital clinician a greater understanding of knee injuries and red flags which may indicate a serious injury requiring further assessment and treatment
- Elbow Injuries: aims to provide the underlying theory and techniques to carry out these assessments effectively
- Minor Head Injury: aims to develop a foundational underpinning knowledge surrounding history taking, physical assessment and management of patients presenting with minor head injuries in the out-of-hospital environment
- Minor Neck Injury: This session is designed to equip paramedics with the knowledge and theory to safely manage minor neck trauma at the scene of a minor road traffic accident (RTC). There will also be an emphasis on good safety netting if the patient is safe to discharge
For further information, including details of how to access the full Paramedics programme, please visit the programme page.