A new session on ‘The management of diabetes at the end of life’ has been added to the End of Life Care for All (e-ELCA) e-learning programme.
This new session explores the prevalence of diabetes, therapeutic approaches and practical decision making in patients who are approaching the end of life.
These sessions are:
- ‘I don’t believe you, I’m not ready to die’ – Managing denial
- End of Life Care for people experiencing homelessness
- ‘Please don’t tell my husband’ – Managing collusion
- Communicating the plan of management and care
- Talking with ill people: Considering the surrounding environment
- Spirituality and the multidisciplinary team
- Dying as a prisoner
- Communicating with non-English speaking patients
- Introduction to the principles of assessment in end of life care: Part 2
- General approach to assessment of symptoms.
Take a look at our programme page for further details.