New learning sessions have been added to the Endoscopy Programme.
The programme covers key knowledge competencies required by endoscopists, as well as endoscopy nurses, assistants and trainers. It has been developed by the Joint Advisory Group (JAG) on Gastrointestinal Endoscopy at the Royal College of Physicians and NHS England e-Learning for Healthcare.
The programme has now been updated with new sessions covering:
- Patient Pre-assessment for GI Endoscopy
- Infection Control
- Role of Assistant and Diathermy
- Improving Quality and Safety in Endoscopy
- Decontamination Foundation
- Capsule Endoscopy
The content has been written by senior clinicians, many of whom are trainers in endoscopy. The programme is highly interactive.
You can view videos from endoscopy examinations to help put the learning into a practical context. You can also analyse CT scans, cross-sectional diagrams and photographs, to help build your knowledge.
Alongside the latest updates, further sessions are planned in the following areas:
- Sub-specialties, such as Endoscopy Ultrasound Scan
- Improving Safety and Reducing Error in Endoscopy
You can find out more about the Endoscopy e-Learning on our dedicated programme page.