Updates to End of Life Care for All (e-ELCA) e-learning
A new session on ‘The management of diabetes at the end of life’ has been added to the End of Life Care for All (e-ELCA) e-learning programme.
This new session explores the prevalence of diabetes, therapeutic approaches and practical decision making in patients who are approaching the end of life.
Ten sessions have also recently been updated within the programme which has been developed by the UK Association of Palliative Care Medicine (APM) and Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare.
These sessions are:
- ‘I don’t believe you, I’m not ready to die’ – Managing denial
- End of Life Care for people experiencing homelessness
- ‘Please don’t tell my husband’ – Managing collusion
- Communicating the plan of management and care
- Talking with ill people: Considering the surrounding environment
- Spirituality and the multidisciplinary team
- Dying as a prisoner
- Communicating with non-English speaking patients
- Introduction to the principles of assessment in end of life care: Part 2
- General approach to assessment of symptoms.
Take a look at our programme page for further details.