Radiotherapy session now added to e-IRMER
A new radiotherapy session has been added to our Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations (IR(ME)R) e-learning programme – e-IRMER.
The new session, which takes approximately 30 minutes to complete, describes the principles of IR(ME)R for imaging and therapeutic exposures in radiotherapy.
Many different professional groups have a role in the ionising radiation exposure of patients for radiotherapy. So, this learning session has been designed for a wide range of clinical staff involved in their care.
The session aims to highlight differences when applying IR(ME)R to exposures in radiotherapy compared to diagnostic or nuclear medicine exposure.
The session covers:
- Patient pathway
- Duty holders
- Pregnancy and identification enquiries
- Dose assessment, assurance and evaluation
- Accidental and unintended exposures
- Equipment and quality assurance
- Carers and comforters
- Brachytherapy/molecular radiotherapy and Administration of Radioactive Substances Advisory Committee (ARSAC) licences
- Medical physics experts
e-IRMER has been developed by the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine and Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare.
To learn more, please take a look at our e-IRMER programme page.