New sessions added to the Mental Health e-Learning Programme
A new module covering the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) has been added to the Mental Health e-Learning Programme.The module is divided up into 11 learning sessions covering:
- The MCA as part of Human Rights
- Assessing Mental Capacity
- Planning Ahead using the MCA
- Best Interests
- Deprivation of Liberty
- Relationship between the MCA and the Mental Health Act
- The MCA and Young People aged 16 or 17
- Research Involving People who Lack Capacity
- Mental Capacity and Adult Safeguarding
- Settling Disputes and Disagreements
Richard Bryant said: “Health and social care practitioners are now increasingly helping patients with mental health problems. It is a growing global issue. So, it is vital that practitioners have access to the latest information and learning. This new module on the MCA brings the material right up to date.”
Developed by Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare and various partner organisations, the Mental Health e-Learning Programme has been written by leading clinical specialists in the UK.
This new module replaces the earlier ‘Mental Health and Capacity’ module. The original module will still be available to existing subscribers.
For further details about the Mental Health e-Learning Programme, please see our dedicated web page.