e-learning for health professionals involved in research, audit and quality improvement
This programme is relevant to all healthcare professionals involved in research, audit and quality improvement. This e-learning is arranged into two modules:
Research and audit skills training
The first module, entitled Research and Audit Core Knowledge, helps you to improve your interpretation of healthcare data, such as clinical trials, reviews and audits, and to respond appropriately. It also provides an excellent foundation if you are contemplating a research or audit project.
Links are included to further specialised sources, such as NHS Evidence.
Quality improvement training
The second module, entitled Perioperative Improvement Science and Management (PRISM-ed), has been produced by anaesthetists and experts in the field.
PRISM-ed, which is based on the Improvement Science curriculum from the Royal College of Anaesthetists, outlines key resources required to deliver quality improvements within healthcare. Although the material is designed for doctors, it is relevant and accessible to all healthcare professionals.
PRISM-ed builds on the QI web resource, funded by the University College London Hospitals/National Institute for Health Research.
Module 1 Research and Audit
- Epidemiology: Basic Principles
- Meta-analysis and Evidence-based Medicine
- Audit: Basic Principles
- Searching the Journal Literature and Locating Papers
- How to Review a Paper
- Formulating and Writing a Research Proposal
- The Regulatory Environment for Conducting Research within the NHS – Research Governance and Ethics
- Designing a Randomized Controlled Trial: Basis Principles
- Clinical Studies Part One: Cohort Studies and Measures of Association
- Clinical Studies Part Two: Study Design
- Systematic Reviews
- Qualitative Research: Basic Principles
Module 2 Perioperative Improvement Science and Management (PRISM-ed)
- Introduction to Improvement Science
- Learning from Industry and Other Improvement Models
- Measurement for QI
- Human Factors
- Reliability and Sustainability
- Psychology of Improvement
Single-user access to the Research, Audit and Quality Improvement programme for 12 months costs £50 (excluding VAT where applicable). To purchase a licence, please click on the ‘Register’ button below.
Once you have submitted your details and your payment has been processed, your account details (user name and password) will be emailed to you within two to three working days.