Interactive learning on DoLS legislation
This e-learning programme equips medical practitioners with the knowledge to work as mental health assessors in relation to Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) legislation. This UK legislation is designed to protect people who lack the mental capacity to make decisions for themselves.
DoLS assessor training
This e-learning programme includes:
- a pre-test on the Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
- five knowledge sessions (each taking 20 to 30 minutes)
- a final test of understanding
The content has been written and extensively peer-reviewed by subject-matter experts from the field of psychiatry.
Online access 24/7
This DoLS training programme is available online so you can study anywhere, at any time and fit the e-learning around your busy work schedule. It has been developed in the UK by the Royal College of Psychiatrists, the Department of Health and Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare. So, the training meets the highest professional standards.
Before registering for this e-learning programme, you should check that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- be approved under section 12 of the Mental Health Act 1983; or
- be a registered medical practitioner who has at least three years’ post-registration experience in the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders*
- have successfully completed the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Mental Health Assessors' training programme made available by the Royal College of Psychiatrists*
DoLS is an integral part of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and it is essential that you have a good practical knowledge of this legislation before you start the e-learning.
How to access the programme
Once you have confirmed that you are eligible, you can buy a licence. The cost of the programme is shown below.
|Access to the full programme||Cost|
|Single-user access for 12 months||£50*|
*excluding VAT where applicable
To make a purchase, please click on the Register button below. Multiple or multi-year licences are available. Please contact us for details.